Houston is a multicultural city that is considered the largest metropolitan in Texas. It’s the home of NASA, the Houston Grand Opera, and the Historic District. This place is a temperate zone with temperature and humidity that is pleasant most of the year. However, cyclones often hit Houston from June to November. During these months, it’s important to prepare your home for extreme weather conditions.
Before any natural disaster hits, make sure your roof is well-maintained. In the aftermath of a cyclone or strong winds, contact a professional roofer in the area to ensure your roof is safe and secured.
The roof is one of the most overlooked aspects of home maintenance care. The main reason is that you would not be able to see any damage unless you climb up and conduct a thorough check.
In such an event, getting in touch with a service that does roof inspection Houston should be your first choice. This article will go over situations where a professional roofing service is required.
1. When your house is old. Even if there is no natural calamity, your roof will still suffer from weathering and age. Just because you still see the shingles intact does not mean your roof has no damage. Under the shingles, you have the underlayer, beams, and trusses, which are difficult to inspect without knowing what to spot. A typical roof will last for 15 years and more, depending on the construction and maintenance.
2. Water stains on the ceiling. If you see water stains on the ceiling, chances are you have a leak in your roof. The leak might not be substantial enough for the rainwater to fall to the floor, but the roof support is at risk of rotting or weakening. A roof inspector would be able to adequately advise you on such situations.
3. Human-made damage. If you had your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system replaced and your local-based contractors had to crawl into your ceiling space, your roof might sustain damage due to their carelessness. Sometimes, they leave their debris on your roof, which can damage your roof in case of strong winds.
4. Clogged gutter and downspout. When you see water spots and stains down the side of your interior, there is a good chance your gutter system is not functioning correctly. Clogged gutters are responsible for typical roof damage since the water stays on your roof. Since the water has volume and weight, your roof will suffer as a result.
5. When you have large trees on the property. Falling branches and rotting trees pose a danger to your roof. If your house is enclosed by mature trees, you need to have a regular inspection of your roof. The roof inspector can also trim the branches and make sure there are no heavy objects nearby. Besides, falling leaves and twigs can quickly clog your drainage if you are not careful.
The National Roofing Contractors Association advises that you inspect your roof at least every six months. But if the roof is relatively new, you can probably schedule a roof inspection once a year.
The cost of roof replacement can wreck your budget, especially in a major city like Houston.
For instance, you may spend somewhere between $5,700 and $11,000 to replace your roof. The expenses can quickly rack up depending on a slew of factors. For instance, the contractor might find more problems with your chimney, gutter, beams, and trusses.